Public Company CFO Consulting
Mr. Chin is a results-driven, financial management and accounting senior executive with more than 17 years of progressive experience exclusively with SEC publicly traded companies across multiple industries, including healthcare, construction, real estate (REIT: self storage, commercial, and lab/office), technology, and consumer products.
Mr. Chin is serving in a dual CFO role for Apollo Medical Holdings (NASDAQ: AMEH) and its largest subsidiary, Network Medical Management, overseeing finance, accounting, human resources, talent acquisition, and investor relations.
Mr. Chin has been the Chief Financial Officer of Apollo Medical Holdings (“ApolloMed”) since July 2018. Mr. Chin has served as the Chief Financial Officer of Network Medical Management (“NMM”), one of ApolloMed’s subsidiaries, since March 2018.
Prior to joining NMM, Mr. Chin served as the Controller/Head of Finance — Real Estate of Public Storage, a New York Stock Exchange listed company and a member of the S&P 500. From May 2011 to October 2015, he served as AVP — Financial Reporting of Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc., a New York Stock Exchange listed company and a member of the S&P 500.
Mr. Chin began his career at Ernst & Young LLP in 2002. In his role as an Assurance Senior Manager at Ernst & Young LLP, Mr. Chin provided assurance services to both publicly traded companies and private companies. In addition to providing audit and attestation services, Mr. Chin assisted clients with services related to equity offerings, debt offerings and technical research.
Mr. Chin is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Healthcare Finance Professional. Mr. Chin received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Business/Economics with Accounting and Computing from UCLA.
* Send inquiry to this flexer or invite him/her to bid for your posted needSend Message
Chief Financial Officer
● Leading finance, accounting and HR.
● Managing banking, insurance, and accounting relationships.
● Executing investor relations and public relations strategies.
● Overseeing SEC filings process including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and earnings releases.
● Enhancing internal control structure in accordance with SOX 404 requirements.
● Raised $290 million in syndicated credit facility with top tier lenders.
● Growing HR and talent acquisition functions and improving policies and procedures.
● Evaluating operations for digital transformation opportunities.
● Overseeing system implementations for finance and HR, including Workiva, ADP, and Equity Edge.
● Driving Environmental, Social, and Governance, including "Green Initiative" to reduce waste.
Controller/Head of Finance - Real Estate
● Oversaw finance, accounting, and SOX 404 for spend exceeding $500 million annually.
● Presented monthly FP&A package to CEO, CFO, and other executive management.
● Serviced over 60 internal development and construction operations clients.
● Reduced payment turnaround time by two days, while transaction volume doubled.
AVP - Financial Reporting
● Oversaw all SEC reporting, supplemental earnings release, and investor presentations.
● Received NAREIT Investor CARE Gold Award in 2015 for excellence in reporting and disclosure.
● Implemented Workiva financial reporting tool to enhance reporting efficiency and quality.
● Supported public equity and investment-grade debt capital markets transactions.
Senior Manager - Assurance
● Simultaneously led assurance for four SEC public companies, including capital markets activity.
● Recognized as #1 Most Requested Mentor in the United States firm in 2011.
● Created Ernst & Young Presents to refine the presentation skills of professionals.
● Led audit methodology training classes with over 40 professionals.